Recipes

02.09.2011

Cinnamon-Apple Rice Pudding


Every night when my head hits the pillow, I think of what I should make for breakfast the next morning. It's almost like a ritual... I do it every night. Sometimes I have crazy ideas and can't get to sleep for hours... This was not the case last night (thank goodness). Last night I had a vision of warm, creamy Rice Pudding which I could not get out of my head. No matter how hard I tried to think of some other, more challenging and ingredient-rich recipes, the rice pudding was stuck in my head. So this is what I cooked this morning. Cinnamon Rice Pudding with some slightly baked apples. Simple, easy, not much bling-bling, just tasety!




Ingredients
(serves 2)
  • 120g risotto rice (or Arborio)
  • 400-450ml low fat milk mixed with 4 tablespoons water
  • 3-4 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon bourbon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1 apple

Preparation

Put the rice, milk and water into a pot and boil over medium heat. Keep stiring to prevent the milk from overflowing! after about 15 minutes, the milk will have reduced. Now is the time to add the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir again over medium heat until the milk becomes thicker.
Preheat your oven to 200°C, cut an apple into thin slices and bake them for about 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, try some rice to see if it has softened enough for your taste. I like my rice pudding to bee soft and runny. If it needs more milk, simply add little by little and wait until it has reduced again. When the rice is ready, take the pot from the heat, add in the butter and stir one last time. Serve in little bowls and garnish with some apple slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can always add more sugar if you have to. I prefer to eat mine not too sweet!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen