Recipes

14.09.2011

Asian Style Fish with Ginger and Chilli


Dear me... Starting from today I am officially putting myself on a diet. A strict Garfield-like diet. All that baking and cooking has left me with some extra Kilos and I'm not amused! I won't be baking or making desserts until I leave Switzerland! The only thing I will be doing is cooking healthy and mainly low-fat food!!! Pleeeease go away extra kilos, I beg you! The other reason I will not be attempting any sweets and breads, is that I have a whole freezer full of all the things I have been making so far. My task for the next few days will be to eat the frozen goods one by one without making anything new! Wait a minute... How am I supposed to diet if I have to eat up all of that?!




Ingredients

(serves 4)
  • 6 filets of fish (I used Flounder, but you're free to use almost any fish you want! Salmon, Hailbut... whatever)
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed/crushed
  • 1 tablespoon grated gresh ginger
  • 3 teaspoons gochu garu (Korean dried chilli flakes)
  • 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 4 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (thai chilli sauce)
  • some chives or spring onions, chopped
  • steamed white rice

Preparation

Cut each fish filet into 4 pieces. Mix the sesame seeds, grated ginger, gochu garu, soy sauce, crushed garlic, sesame oil, water, sweet chilli sauce and some chopped chives into a large bowl and mix well. Add the fish pieces and marinate the fish in the sauce for 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 250°C or more! The oven has to be hot hot HOT! Then place the fish into a large gratin pan, drizzle the sauce over the fish and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes!
Serve with steamed white rice and eat with chopsticks!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen