Recipes

14.09.2011

The Original Tiramisu Without Eggs


I have never ever ordered Tiramisu in a restaurant... And I probably never will, unless they specifically confirm to a 100% that they don't use eggs in their Tiramisu. I won't have it with eggs. I seem to have a weird but pretty serious raw-egg-phobia... Maybe I should go to therapy? Just thinking about raw, gooey, slimy, wet eggs makes me want to... never mind.
So here is my way of making Tiramisu. Fo once, not squashed into verrines and without any fancy additions like frozen raspberries, or caramelized plums... Just plain jane Tiramisu like old Nonnas used to make in Italy. Perfectly easy, quickly done and I'm pretty sure it tastes almost as good as Tiramisu with eggs! But I'm not the one to judge here. One thing's of sure: I DID IT MY WAY ~




Ingredients 


(makes one 14x20cm gratin pan)
  • 200g mascarpone
  • 200ml low fat cream
  • 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 1,5 tablespoons cognac
  • 300ml strong coffee
  • 12-14 lady fingers
  • unsweetened cocoa powder

Preparation

Whip the cream on medium-high speed, gradually add in the sugar and beat on high speed until medium stiff peaks form.

In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the mascarpone on low speed with the cognac. Using your spatula, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone until smooth and combined.

Quickly dip the ladyfingers into the coffee to moist all sides (not too long though, or they will fall apart!) Place them into the gratin form. 1 layer fits 6-7 ladyfingers. Using a spoon or spatula, spread half of the cream onto the ladyfingers and sprinkle some cocoa powder onto the cream. Add another layer of ladyfingers onto the cream, proceeding with the coffee like the first time. Spread the remaining portion of cream onto the top and smooth out with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder onto the top and refridgerate over night, or at least 8-10 hours.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen