Recipes

12.09.2011

Austrian Pancakes


This morning I had a sudden flashback to a few years ago when my dad and I walked over to Austria. Yeah, I know, sounds like I'm talking about the movie "The Sound of Music". I remembered having lunch with him in a little mountain cottage and this is what I had. I recreated the Austrian Pancake aka Kaiserschmarrn. It was so easy, I don't even know if I should be posting this or not...




Ingredients
(serves 2)
  • 80g all purpose flour
  • 2-3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 200ml buttermilk
  • 1-2 tablespoons raisins
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • butter for the pan
Preparation

In a medium sized frying pan, melt 2 teaspoons of butter. Mix all the ingredients above with a whisk until combined. Pour into the medium high heated pan and tilt to cover the bottom thoroughly. The batter should be at least 1/2 cm thick.
After 3-4 minutes, the edges of the pancake should golden. Turn over the pancake and leave for another 2-3 minutes. Using a turner, cut the pancake in the frying pan into bite sized pieces. The pieces should be about 2cm wide and 3cm long. Put onto a plate, sprinkle lot's of powdered sugar over the pancake pieces and serve with applesauce, vanilla sauce, whipping cream or fresh fruit!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen