Recipes

02.09.2011

Baked Granola With Yogurt


Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I climb up the stairs in my pijamas, walk into the kitchen, still sleepy in the head, a little shaky around the knees and take a lot of time to sit, eat, read and... eat. I tend to feel really hungry in the mornings so I  usually eat huge portions, without actually realizing it. But since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I don't care. I also prefer sweet breakfasts to savory ones... Here in Switzerland, people often eat cheese and meat with their morning bread, but that's just not me. I'm the sort that prefers the sweet and fruity things. Then there's another (weird) type of people who do not eat breakfast at all! No matter how much I think over this issue, I just don't get it. How can you NOT eat breakfast? It's the most peaceful time of the day and you just have to sit down and enjoy it, don't you agree? Plus, a simple breakfast like Muesly can be so pretty and made with love! I think it's the perfect start to another beautiful sunny summers day!




Ingredients
(2 servings)
  • 100g Granola/Müsli
  • 1 tablespoon raisins or dried cranberrys
  • 6 whole hazlenuts
  • 150g fresh raspberrys
  • juice from 1/4 lemon
  • 200g nature yogurt (fat free or normal)
  • 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon chopped almonds

Preparation


Preheat oven to 200°C. Place your granola with the hazelnuts and raisin onto a baking tray and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until granola turns golden brown (the raisins should puff up too. In one corner of the tray bake the chopped almonds too. Blend the raspberrys with the sugar and lemon juice in a mixer until smooth. Take the granola/müsli out of the oven and place them equally into 2 glasses and let it cool down. Spoon the yogurt onto the granola mixture and top it with the raspberry sauce. For extra nuttyness sprinkle some chopped almonds onto the raspberry sauce.
Tasty, light and healthy breakfast with all the important minerals (calcium, fibre, vitamins) your body needs!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen