Recipes

02.09.2011

Healthy Breakfast Pancakes


I'm a healthy eater. I don't always go for the chocolate-chocolate-rice pudding in the morning... Sometimes I like to keep it light and simple, just like today when I had pancakes on my mind. I think I even dreamt of pancakes at night. Not sure though... This pancake recipe is reeeeal easy and you probably have all the ingredients you need somewhere in the cupboard in your kitchen! If you don't, well I guess you'll have to run to the store! If you haven't tried making mini pancakes, this is the time to do it! They don't taste better or anything but they just look so much cuter!!! And since I'm a fan of cute things like cup cakes, soufflés etc. it would have been wrong to make big pancakes, right?




Ingredients
(serves 1 girl living alone, makes 7 mini pancakes)
  • 30g all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1-2 teaspoons sugar, depending on taste
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon oatmeal/müsli
  • 1/2 egg, beaten with a fork
  • 50ml buttermilk or low fat milk
  • 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup

Preparation

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add in the egg and milk and mix with a spoon until combined. Heat a pan to medium high heat and grease with oil or butter lightly. One tablespoon full of pancake mixture will make one mini pancake. Scoop 4 spoonfulls into the pan and let it heat up for 2 minutes. The surface will start to bubble slightly and the sides will become a little darker. Flip the pancakes over and wait for 2 minutes. You will notice that the first side heated will be prettier than the second. Serve on a plate and drizzle a tablespoon of honey over the top and sprinkle some more cinnamon onto the pancakes. Eat them warm!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen